Saturday 30 August 2014

First Day of the 21 day fix

Got my 21 day fix & Shakeology earlier this week! Picked up some groceries yesterday and I am pumped to start! I'm starting today - August 30th, 2014. I did my measurements and 'before' photos this morning. I'm going to Cancun in November, and NEED to loose weight!


 

I decided to try the three Shakeology flavours earlier this week, just to see which one I liked best. I must say that they didn't taste as good as I had hoped. I would definitely recommend adding fruit / peanut butter / almond milk. I used my 2 tsps of peanut butter and some frozen bananas with the chocolate one, and it tasted a lot better.

I had the vanilla one this morning with Unsweetened Almond Milk (allowed to replace a yellow container up to 3 times a week with almond milk). It was okay. I need to play around and see what I like best. I'm going to try the Strawberry flavour tomorrow morning with frozen strawberries and bananas.




-SNACK-
Mixed Fruit (1purple) 


-LUNCH- 
Spinach & Cherry Tomatos (1green) 
Lean Ground Turkey (1red)
Dressing (1orange)



I turned on the TV while eating my salad and there was a an episode of Montel on with Autumn (21 day fix instructor) featuring the 21 day fix! SO weird! 


I made a schedule for the week using Word on my Mac. I would definitely recommend planning in advance and doing some food prep! I'll be home most of the weekend, so I will be prepping tomorrow (Sunday) for the week!


I really love sweets.. So I bought some more tea from David's Tea (tea is 0 calories). Also scored two cute mugs for only $9!




-LUNCH- 
Mushrooms & Onions(1green)
Extra-Virgin Olive oil(1tsp)
Lean Ground Turkey (1red)
Brown Rice (1yellow)



Supper was a little bland, so I added some Mrs. Dash spices (salt-free). It definitely made a huge difference. HIGH RECOMMEND THEM!



Shortly after supper, I decided to put the 21 day fix DVD in and start doing some work-outs. I really enjoyed the instructor Autumn Calabrese. I must say... DO NOT DO THE WORKOUTS ON A FULL STOMACH! I did the 30 minute Cardio Fix and felt like I was going to throw up! It was intense, but do-able. I am definitely out of shape. There was modified workouts for each exercise, which I did a few times. I had to take a few breaks, I was so sweaty and out of breath! Autumn makes the workouts fun, and she encourages you along the way. I know now that I should do them BEFORE I eat a meal, haha. Looking forward to doing the next one. Feel like I may be sore tomorrow! :)

-SNACK- 
0% Greek Yogurt (1red)
Peanut Butter(1tsp)
2 tsp Vanilla(free FIX food)
1 package of stevia
Sprinkle of mini chocolate chips


Found this recipe on Pinterest and HAD to try it.. (I have a major sweet tooth). It was surprisingly good! I would probably save both my TSPs of Peanut Butter for the Cookie Dough treat next time. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment